Revelations of a Table Tennis Champion
If you are in the Olympic sport of table tennis, then you know [Danny Seemiller], USA's greatest modern champion.
In "Revelations of a Table Tennis Champion," the five-time U.S. Men's Singles Champion takes you through his 50 years in the sport, from the early days of training, the breakthroughs, the agonizing defeats and the great triumphs. You'll learn why the three-sport star - baseball, basketball, and football - changed his focus to table tennis. You'll experience his trips around the world, from being marched at gunpoint to achieving his boyhood dream of defeating the Chinese.
But playing is only half his story. Danny, a long-time coach first in Pittsburgh and then in South Bend, Indiana, was the U.S. Olympic and World Team Coach for ten years, and was named the USOC Coach of the Year for Table Tennis three times. He served five years as president of USA Table Tennis, ran dozens of major tournaments through the years, and was instrumental in bringing the 2018 World Veterans Games to the United States. He is a member of the USA Table Tennis Hall of Fame, and in 2012 became the youngest recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award. This is his story.
- 5-time U.S. Men's Singles Champion: 1976, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1983
- 12-time U.S. Men's Doubles Champion: 1976-1983, 1990-1991, 1994, 2009
- 7-time U.S. Mixed Doubles Champion: 1976-1978, 1981-1983, 1988
- U.S. Men's National Team Coach, 1999-2009
- U.S. Men's Olympic Coach, 2000 Sydney, 2004 Athens
- 3-time USOC Coach of the Year for Table Tennis
- South Bend Table Tennis Club Head Coach 1996-2016
- President of USA Table Tennis, 1990-1995
- Hall of Fame Inductee, 1995
- Lifetime Achievement Award, 2012